The hybrid system hydro is used to recirculate and utilise exhaust heat from gas infrared radiators via an air/water heat exchanger. The idea behind it: With hybridSchwank hydro, the "free" energy from the exhaust gas is to be recovered using condensing boiler technology and made available for long-term use. To this end, the energy is transferred to a water circuit and stored in a buffer tank. From this transfer point onwards, the hot water can be used for a variety of other applications. This principle is called heat recovery.
Recuperative heat recovery
- Efficiency enhancement of the heating system through energy recovery for the additional supply of a conventional hot water system.
- Reduction of operating costs of connected hot water systems.
- High-quality stainless-steel heat exchanger for energy recovery of up to 15% of the installed heat output.
- Finned tube system with integrated exhaust gas bypass system including controllers
- Individual planning, heat exchanger sizing and implementation for each system
- Unrestricted compatibility with building control system [BMS]
Sustainable and recuperative condensing boiler technology to the latest standards
Condensing technology simply explanied
Heat recovery uses free energy
The exhaust gases arising during the combustion process are collected by this heat recovery system and supplied to a recuperative air-water heat exchanger. The heat exchanger transfers the heat to the water flowing past it and supplies it to a buffer storage. Water temperatures of up to 90 °C are achieved here. A specially customised regulation with a 3-way mixing valve and temperature sensors control the corresponding feed in the system. The recovered heat, which is stored in the water, is now ready for further use in the buffer storage.
With hybridSchwank hydro heat recovery system, independent rooms can therefore be heated and adjacent showers and washbasins can be operated. The space that needs to be newly heated can be up to 18% of the primary building. If necessary, the boiler system can be economised in this way.
Complete layout of the system with:
- Feed-in regulation including a 3-way mixing valve and temperature sensors
- Buffer storage and insulated supply and exhaust gas tubes
- Regulation technology for heat exchanger system
- Safety shutdown in case of overheating of the heat exchanger
hybridSchwank hydro information
For users and planners
Saving energy and protecting the environment through heat recovery
With hybridSchwank hydro, Schwank engineers have created a condensing technology that can be implemented for many systems. Even if the system is already older.