Schwank heating systems for logistics halls
Logistics buildings lay down several specific requirements based on their use profiles, such as opened doors, high storage shelves, different use areas, etc. Although a part of the stored goods may require only a minimum of heat, effective warehouse heating is indispensable in the storage and retrieval process and where warehouse personnel are working with goods in storage. However, warehouse or distribution centre heating also has other functions to serve. For instance, the heating system can ensure that sprinkler systems are kept free of frost and that oxidation-susceptible goods such as bright steel are kept free of condensation. The intake of cold air mainly takes place in loading and unloading areas. Even general cargo to be stored can create cooling in the room, depending on its mass.
Experience matters. As the market leader in innovative infrared technology, Schwank has already heated logistics areas of 10 million m2 in an energy-efficient manner. Our heating systems are also designed to be able to integrate effectively with the building management system software in place to provide the user with excellent operational control.
For our customers, economic and environmental objectives, energy saving, and low operating costs are the most significant decision-making criteria. Logistics halls lay down a number of specific requirements based on their use profiles, for example:
- Heating zones in the loading and unloading areas
- Ensuring basic warehouse heating requirements in the storage and commissioning areas
- Separated workstation heating of selected areas [workplace clusters]
- Energy-efficient heating for the reduction of operating costs of logistics and distribution centre heating
- Flexibility in the arrangement of units, eg for alternating profiles based on requirements
The Schwank heating concept for logistics buildings
Heating systems specially developed for logistics halls
- No heat loss: In spite of opened building doors, the indoor space remains pleasantly temperate. The heat is transferred in the form of infrared radiation, which means that even the floor and the walls store the heat. Furthermore, the heat is not lost in case of frequent door movements and draughts.
- Zone heating: Achieving a uniform temperature level and pleasant heat in various hall zones.
- No raised dust: Unlike conventional heating systems, where large amounts of air move inside the room, the stored goods are prevented from becoming dusty.
- Flexible heating system: Should a change in the logistics concept become necessary in the course of time [e.g. due to a changing usage profile], the heating system can be customised easily and flexibly.
- BMS compatibility: Can be fully integrated with building management system software as required.
Schwank services for logistic buildings
Heating in logistics as an all-round solution
- Full service, including design planning, construction management, assembly through to maintenance
- Official approvals
- Briefing of the user
- Heating cost comparisons
- Detailed system documentation for each project
- Comprehensive assembly and operating manuals for all warehouse heating devices
- Availability of spare parts for at least 10 years